A selection of published articles written by An Irish Angler and guest writers, archived by subject matter, describing and exploring species, methods, people, places, experiences and topics for debate ranging from promotion of tourism angling to fisheries management, that collectively make up this Irish Anglers World.
- The Humble Flatfish.
- EFSA Winter Shore Angling Festival 2012.
- Rock Hopping in the Rebel County.
- Pier Fishing has its Place.
- Beara Peninsula Magic.
- Jelly Worms for Shore Pollack.
- Tope Alley, off Greystones, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
- Winter Codling, the Shore Angler’s favourite.
- Greyhounds of the Surf..
- Lugworm, a Versatile Bait.
- Open sea mullet on the Beara.
- Tope Heaven in South East Ireland, Irish Angler, March 2010.
- Floundering Around in Co. Wexford.
- Winter Codling on the Beara Peninsula.
- Bruising Ballans.
- Shad Times at St. Mullins.
- Seafood and Eat It.
COARSE AND PIKE ANGLING
- Irish Dreams, A Coarse and Pike Angling Guide. Written by Gary Robinson, 2012.
- Barrow Boys.
- Playing the Pike Percentages.
- Wild Waters vs Commercial Venues.
- Lough Muckno gets the Green Light.
- A Royal Venue.
- Gary and Scott’s Excellent Irish Angling Adventures.
- Monaghan for Monster Roach, Angling Times, October 2009.
- Peadar O’Brien, Pike and Coarse Angling Guide.
- The Avoca Catchment, a Visionary View.
- Something Fishy’s Going On.
- A Ray of Light on the Avoca.
- Big Skies & Stoneflies.
- John Higgins, Fly Fisherman, Co. Kildare.
IRISH TOURISM ANGLING
- Reading Between the Lines.
- Recreational Sea Angling – No Longer the Poor Relation.
- Thoughts on Marketing Ireland’s Angling Product.
- A tale of two Sea Anglers.
MARINE CONSERVATION and RELATED SEA FISHERIES MATTERS
- Towards a Greater Return from Ireland’s Marine Resource.
- ICES Decision to Increase the 2014 North East Atlantic Mackerel Quota is based on Expedience rather than Science.
- Celtic Sea Cod, a barometer for sea fisheries mismanagement.
- Running to Standstill,
- What is the Future for Irish Sea Angling?
- Where are our Mackerel?
- Modern Day Shore Angling, a Monochrome Sport?
- Ireland’s Sea Fishing Industry Today.
- Back to the Future.
- The Cawley Report.
- The Inshore Fishery off North County Wicklow from an Angling Perspective.
- An Angler’s Tale, Marine Times.
AN IRISH ANGLERS YEARS
- An Irish Angler’s Year, January – December 2011.
- An Irish Angler’s Year, January – December 2012.
- An Irish Angler’s Year, January – December 2013.
Gary Robinson: A former youth international fly fisherman, Gary is an all round angler with a particular passion for coarse angling and pike fishing. His remit also includes fly fishing for sea trout and mullet of which Gary has caught both to over five pounds, and the growing phenomenon of kayak fishing. In recent years Gary, who is presently studying for a degree in Marine Biology, has researched, targeted, and fished the inland waterways of Ireland to take good bags of tench, bream, roach, and hybrids, many to specimen weight.
Gary writes monthly articles for the Irish Anglers Digest across a range of angling topics, is a regular contributor to various angling media, and promotes kayak angling through his website, A Kayak Fisherman in Ireland .